You can always try to clean the sofa or chair fabric with detergents, but such care is not effective enough, over time it can lead to deformation of the furniture structure and rotting of the filler under the upholstery. The easiest way to clean the furniture in your house is to use a steam cleaner. The steam generator proves to be ideal for cleaning upholstered sofas, armchairs and other household items.
What Furniture Can Be Steam Cleaned
Deep cleaning is usually used for upholstered furniture, pillows, carpets, and mattresses. Ticks dangerous to health hide in their fillers. The steam cleaner will quickly make the fabric clean again and kill the parasites inside. Professional devices can reach to a depth of up to 10 cm.
Here is a list of materials for upholstered furniture that can withstand steam cleaning:
- suede leather;
- genuine leather;
- synthetic materials;
- artificial fur.
Do not expose natural wool or linen to the steam cleaner.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Steam Cleaning
The steam cleaner, which is used for surface treatment, has several useful functions, and can easily cope with various complex tasks.
Steam cleaning has the following benefits:
- suitable for most types of surfaces;
- does not require a lot of time and physical labor;
- professionally removes most types of pollution;
- conducts disinfection;
- eliminates unpleasant smells;
- does not require the use of chemicals;
- ecological safe;
- steam does not leave wet and dirty stains;
- gets to hard-to-reach places.
The main disadvantage is the cost of professional equipment or dry cleaning services. A simple iron with a steam function or a vacuum cleaner cannot replace a steam generator for professional cleaning. The device has high power, which increases the effectiveness of the furniture cleaning process.
Keep in mind these useful tips:
- It is recommended to keep the steam generator parallel to the surface during cleaning;
- Using the steam control function. It is necessary to control the pressure. The more delicate, softer the upholstery on the furniture, the weaker the flow;
- For greasy stains, the following removal method is recommended: direct the nozzle of the steam generator to the contaminated area from the bottom up, blowing out dirt particles.
Regular care and steam cleaning will extend the life of the sofa, and protect it from the spreading of dangerous microbes and ticks. Upholstered furniture looks respectable, and adds a touch of comfort and warmth to the interior of the living room. Leather and textile upholstery due to active use quickly becomes unusable, rubbed, and dirty. Steam cleaning will help restore the lost appearance, and eliminate unpleasant odors. Thanks to the steam generator, cleaning becomes effortless.